In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious Most Merciful
Salam and Peace to all
Now it has been a month since I first officially start with my part time job, as a Research Officer in UTP.
The job scopes are not too tough, I just be a lecturer's assistant.
Seems easy right?
But it's not actually, for me.
Everything seems surreal.
Feeling alone in this dark dark night..
I want you to know all my tremors..
There's a big difference in life as a student, and life as an employee.
Student life, I might say, has a tiny touch of reality.
What we studied actually is just an imagination towards the career in the future.
We just need to study and get a good mark.
We have homework and assignments to do, plus with the coming tests. Study sampai lebam der~
But if we fail, we just fail to get a good result. Nothing more.
We still have another chance to make it up, pass the course and able to graduate.
Easy right?
Don't wait for a miracle..
There's a rough road in front of us..
With obstacles in future that can't be known..
Yet I won't change, I can't give up..
But, in working life, the expectation is much higher.
Especially from someone graduated overseas. Even for a degree holder. (_ _)'
I'm really not good enough, as I'm a fresh graduate, with no experience and very unskilled.
Seems like everything that I studied doesn't really apply entirely.
Or maybe I don't know how to apply them in the real life.
Working life is very demanding and more challenging.
As you need to meet your colleagues demands, your boss, the industries, business partners, etc.. (ceh, macamlah kerja kat big company..huhu)
The focus in working is not on how high grades u score, or how good-looking you are
But rather on how you present yourself, your soft skills, and good management skills.
Ok, this is just an amateur talk. I need to seek more knowledge from the experienced.
Walking the many and unknowable paths, I follow a dim light.
It's something we'll do together to the end, into the new world.
- Into The New World by Girls' Generation
Working life can be scared.
Perhaps I'm not ready yet when I'm supposed to be ready.
Cause I'm already 22, and should have my own income.
So jealous with those who are success and really passionate in their pursuing careers.
Fret not, I'm not alone here.
I have friends, old friends and also new friends that I made here.
They are nice, kind, friendly, and helpful.
UTP isn't big at all, I may know everyone here by the end of this year, probably..huhu
But somehow I do miss my Melbourne family..
So jealous with those who are success and really passionate in their pursuing careers.
Fret not, I'm not alone here.
I have friends, old friends and also new friends that I made here.
They are nice, kind, friendly, and helpful.
UTP isn't big at all, I may know everyone here by the end of this year, probably..huhu
But somehow I do miss my Melbourne family..
Hope that I can further my study there, Insya Allah..
"By the night as it envelops..
By the day as it appears in brightness..
By Him Who created male and female..
Certainly, your efforts and deeds are diverse..
As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah and fears Him..
And believes in Al-Husna..
We will make smooth for him the path of ease (goodness)..
But he who is a greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient..
And denies Al-Husna..
We will make smooth for him the path for evil.." [Al-Lail 92: 1-10]
These verses in Quran strike me hardly.
Indeed, every effort, for a good sake, Allah will make it ease for me.
I need to refresh my nawaitu, for what purpose I did my job.
That will be my strong motivation for me to keep on my duty as a slave of Allah especially.
Narrated by Umar Al-Khattab: Rasulullah (peace be upon him) said, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intention and every person will get the reward based on what he intended. So whoever emigrated for Allah and His Apostle, then his emigration was for Allah and His Apostle. And whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for." [Bukhari]

No comments:
Post a Comment